Modeled after the great Gothic Churches of Europe, Holy Trinity was built in 1906 by Polish immigrants to serve the Greater Utica Area. Constructed of steel and Gouverneur Granite, Holy Trinity is the only solid stone Roman Catholic Church in the Utica area and has been known as a prototype for other impressive Churches such as Sacred Heart Basilica in Syracuse. With the ability to accommodate over 1000, Holy Trinity historically became known as the "cradle" of several Catholic Parishes and a "Mother Church of Polonia" for Central New York.
With two 80-foot high spires, and a 54-foot high interior, adorned with numerous angels above, Holy Trinity is truly magnificent throughout and described by the well known late Monsignor Adolf Kantor as "awesome." Religious artwork enhances the Church, most notably the large Sanctuary with a ceiling described by some as a "glimpse into Heaven."